Considering I teased y'all with peaks of my outfits and never delivered the goods, I thought I would finally share some of our engagement pictures. We really loved how they turned out and ultimately loved the opportunity to spend time at our wedding venue scouting out fun places to shoot pictures. I'll share some basic engagement shoot 101 tips and tricks based on what I learned from the experience.
1. Alcohol helps. Seriously. This was post mimosa and I can't tell you how much I detest the pre-mimosa pictures. The last time I had my picture professionally taken was in college when I had to take my sorority president picture. And even then I ended up looking like an awkward turtle. Mostly because I am an awkward turtle.
2. Don't be afraid to show that you love each other. But let's keep it church appropriate, people.
3. Don't be discouraged when your man friend scoffs at the idea of three outfit changes. Just make him do it. Chances are, one outfit will be a bust and then you'll have two to fall back on. Unless you're just way more chic and awesome then I am. Then please, give me tips.
4. Get creative. I wanted to get a little fancy which typically isn't the norm for an engagement sesh. In the end, I had the best time in my Rent the Runway frock and Will ended up deciding he was going to wear a tux to our wedding after all.
5. Listen to your photographer. If something feels weird (like holding hand five feet away from each other, for example), just do it. They know what they're doing and even those silly "serious faces" can end up being your favorite. It's even better when your favorite pictures is also your fiance's favorite. This is our winner of the bunch. It also doesn't hurt when your manfriend is devilishly handsome.
6. More than anything, have fun and don't forget to be silly!